Odpovědět 

Hodnocení tématu:
  • 0 Hlasů - 0 Průměr
How To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #686
30-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Příspěvek: #1
How To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #686
6 Cigar Humidification Methods

Now that you have a solid understanding of exactly what a hygrometer does and everything can happen if your humidity is too high or too low, let us talk about how to actually control the humidity in your humidor. Regrettably, you can not just use a moist paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my very first way to control the humidity in my humidor and boy, was it stressful. This is actually the"puck" that is included with humidors the majority of the time and needs one to boil it into propylene glycol. I discovered it for a little bit of a guessing game since you have to make sure your"puck" does not run out of juice. It had been mainly stressful since I utilized the crummy free version from my humidor so results may vary. I discovered that I needed to soak the puck every 15 days or so using a humidor of 30 cigars. However, after I upgraded to some Xikar puck, it was smooth sailing. I just had to re-soak every 30-45 days and found it to be much more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is quite easy. It takes about 30 seconds and you simply purchase the propylene glycol separately. This remedy is odorless and just replaces water as a more pure form of moisture. Using tap water can cause problems due to chlorine or other chemicals, and bottled water will not stay moist provided that propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make quite easy to use products that you can merely open and pop it in a humidor such as this
electronic humidor. These have a much more controlled method of managing humidity compared to the puck technique. The only bad thing is you have to replace these completely most of the time each 3-6 weeks completely. I don't advise trying to"re-soak" them with the propylene glycol. The beauty of them, particularly the tubes, is they don't occupy much room in your humidor. However, depending on how big the jar arrangement may work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Like the tubes or jar from Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled system of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I utilize for my tupperdor today. However, they can err a little on the high side in terms of humidity if you use them at a tupperdor. I'd aim to go a few percentages lower in the preferred humidity as a consequence if you've got a tupperdor. (These packs are available in all different humidity levels.) They do a great job of absorbing humidity if it is too high and growing if it is too low. As soon as your package is stiff, you then simply throw it off. That having been said, many claim to be able to recharge these very easily by simply soaking them for a few days after they become stiff. Although this may be a great way to save money, the recharged packs certainly will not be as accurate as a first. To discover more about how to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge since if I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on cigars, I do not wish to cut any corners to save a couple bucks on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method that many advocate across java forums. This provider revolves around these beads and they have a great deal of diehard followers to their merchandise. These are popular with larger humidors or wineadors. These are most likely one of the more expensive choices but last forever. They do require spraying of distilled water after two or week though so you've got to abide by a program. This method is somewhat more geared towards the more advanced cigar collectors. Normally, cigar collectors will have a pouch of these beads or a layer at the bottom of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There's nothing greater than the set it and forget of a electric humidifier, especially if you have a big or valuable set. All these are a little expensive when compared with the other choices such as
best humidor but there's the benefit of very little maintenance. The units also work great if plugged in -- so you'll be required to conduct a level cable into the exterior of your humidor. However a few of these units have a few really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify around 1,000 cigars! (That would be a lot of Boveda packs...) You really do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively cheap.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
To get a larger wineador installation, many recommend kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. I have personally never done this but many swear by it. This is a very similar method to the Heartfelt beads strategy outlined previously. The crucial thing is to get a kitty litter without a odor and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I have seen very positive reviews from Exquisicat Crystals with very low dust nor odor.

best better nasal breathing advice here.
Navštívit uživatelův web Vyhledat všechny příspěvky tohoto uživatele
Odpovědět s citací příspěvku
Odpovědět 

Příspěvky k tématu
How To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #686 - FrankJScott - 30-03-2021 10:21 PM
Updated Stock Market Advice - FrankJScott - 05-11-2021, 11:34 PM
Best Iso Download Blog - FrankJScott - 12-11-2021, 05:10 PM
Lihat Slot Pulsa Domain - FrankJScott - 22-01-2022, 05:40 AM
Top Rated Ecommerce Advice - FrankJScott - 29-01-2022, 08:51 PM
Excellent Maximus Yaney Site - FrankJScott - 08-02-2022, 06:21 PM

Skok na fórum:

Uživatel(é) prohlížející si toto téma: 1 Host(é)